The current school question and answer enquired students to tell what they consider is the most crucial important concern for a student to do to be able to attain success. One which response stood out from the rest was practice. People who are definitely successful do not become successful by being born. They work hard and dedication their lives to succeeding. This is how you can obtain your goals. These are some question and answer examples that you possibly will make use of to enriches your knowledge and gain insight that will assist you to keep up your school studies.
What is the value of the angular momentum quantum number associated with 6p?
- The value of the angular momentum quantum number associated with 6p is 1 .
Electrons in an atom are described by four quantum numbers. Two electrons in an atom cannot have the same set of quantum numbers.
The four quantum numbers are:
- Principal quantum number. It tells the main energy level of the electron, which is the period (row) in the periodic table. This number, identified with the letter n, can be any positive integer: n = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, …
- Angular momentum quantum number, also known as secondary or azimuthal quantum number. This number identified with the letter ℓ, can take any integer value from 0 to n – 1: ℓ = 0, 1, 2, … n-1.
The angular momentum quantum number tells the shape of the orbital and is also identified with a letter, as per this table:
- The third quantum number is called magnetic quantum number. It is represented by mℓ and it tells the orientation in the space. It can take integer values from +ℓ to – ℓ, including 0.
- The fourth quantum number is the spin. It can be either +1/2 or – 1/2.
As for the value of the angular momentum quantum number associated with 6p, you must know that the letter p is telling the shape of the orbital and, from the previous table, you know that the orbitals p are associated with ℓ = 1.
From the answer and question examples above, hopefully, they can potentially assist the student take care of the question they had been looking for and notice of all things declared in the answer above. You can certainly then have a discussion with your classmate and continue the school learning by studying the problem with one another.