Students were enquired to answer a question at academics and to indicate what is most important for them to succeed. Of many answers, the one which that stood out was practice. People who are definitely successful do not become successful by being born. They work hard and perseverance their lives to succeeding. This is how you can fulfill your goals. beneath some question and answer examples that you could certainly implement to enhance your knowledge and gain insight that will assist you to sustain your school studies.
Which best describes the triangle or the triangles, if any, that can be formed with two sides that measure 5 inches and an angle that measures 60 degrees?
two different isosceles triangles
one isosceles triangle
one equilateral triangle
The triangle is one equilateral triangle.
Answering this question means we have to know the major types of triangles.
- Isosceles triangles ; This type has 2 equal sides and 2 equal angles
- Scalene triangle; This type has 3 sides with all having different measurement as well as 3 different angles.
- Equilateral triangle; This type has 3 equal sides and the 3 angles equal to 60°.
Now, from the question, we are told that two sides measure 5 inches and an angle that measures 60°.
- Since 2 sides of the triangle are equal, it means at least 2 of the angles must be equal. Since one angle is already 60°, it means that another angle must be 60°.
- Sum of angles in a triangle is 180°, it means that the third angle is;
180° – (60° + 60°) = 60°
- This means that, the triangle has 3 equal internal angles of 60° and this corresponds to the definition of an equilateral angle.
Thus, the triangle is one equilateral triangle.
They can potentially hopefully assist the student sort out the question by make use of the questions and answer examples. You can then have a discussion with your classmate and continue the school learning by studying the question together.