Students were requested to answer a question at institution and to state what is most important for them to succeed. One that response stood out from the rest was practice. Persons who are definitely successful do not become successful by being born. They work hard and dedication their lives to succeeding. This is how you can fulfill your goals. just below some question and answer examples that you may implement to elevate your knowledge and gain insight that will guide you to keep up your school studies.
Explain the ambiguity of the boldfaced text.
We can explain the ambiguity in the text “I made her other Morse code jewelry with dad’s messages – a necklace, an anklet, some dangly earrings, a tiara – but the bracelet was definitely the most beautiful, probably because it was the last, which made it the most precious,” in the following manner:
– The text is ambiguous because it is not clear what the word “last” is referring to. It could refer to the jewelry as well as the message.
What is ambiguity?
- Ambiguity happens when a text allows for more than one interpretation of its meaning.
- Take this sentence as an example: “Lisa saw her sister, but she didn’t talk to her.” Now, who didn’t talk to whom. Was it Lisa who didn’t talk to her sister? Or was it her sister who didn’t talk to Lisa?
Why is the text ambiguous?
- The sentence we are analyzing here is ambiguous because the word “last” does not have a clear antecedent.
- It is impossible to know if the speaker is talking about the last piece of jewelry or their father’s last message.
Learn more about ambiguity here:
From the answer and question examples above, hopefully, they might assist the student sort out the question they had been looking for and remember of all the details stated in the answer above. You could potentially then have a discussion with your classmate and continue the school learning by studying the problem mutually.