Students were asked to answer a question at education and to indicate what is most important for them to succeed. The one that response stood out from the rest was practice. Successful people are not always born successful; they become successful by just hard work and persistence. If you would like to reach your goals, keep this in mind! just below some question and answer examples that you may possibly make use of to elevate your knowledge and gain insight that will assist you to sustain your school studies.
Arrange the following oxides in order of increasing acidity. Rank from least acidic to most acidic. To rank items as equivalent,overlap them.
Since acidity increases across a period from left to right, and decreases down a group, the oxides can be ranked from the least acidic to the most acidic as follows:
- The least acidic is CaO
- The most acidic is
Note the following:
- Acidity of an oxide depends on its electronegativity.
- Non-metals are more electronegative, while metals are less electronegative.
- Acidity of oxides increases across a period as you move from left to the right side of a periodic table.
- Acidity of oxides decreases down a group (column) in a periodic table.
Using the periodic table diagram given in the attachment below, we can rank the given oxides according to their increasing acidity.
- CaO, is the least, because it is an oxide of the metal, Calcium, which is at the far left in group 2 in the periodic table.
- The next is, . Aluminum is a metal from group 3.
- is an oxide of Silicon, also in group 4 but below Carbon.
- is an oxide of Carbon, from group 4.
- is an oxide of the non-metal, Phosphorus, a group 5 element
- is an oxide of the non-metal, Sulphur, a group 6 element.
Therefore, since acidity increases across a period from left to right, and decreases down a group, the oxides can be ranked from the least acidic to the most acidic as follows:
Learn more here:
From the answer and question examples above, hopefully, they can help the student solve the question they had been looking for and take note of every thing stated in the answer above. Then will be able to carry out some sharing in a group discussion and also study with the classmate related to the topic, so another student also absorb some enlightenment and still keeps up the school learning.