Some newly institution question and answer requested students to declare what they ponder is the most important important aspect for a student to do in order for you to achieve success. One which response stood out from the rest was practice. People who definitely successful do not become successful by being born. They work hard and dedication their lives to succeeding. This is how you can obtain your goals. in this article, are one of the answer and question example that you may implement to practice and expand your knowledge and also give you insights that may assist you to maintain your study in school.
Name:Unit 1 Test Study Guide
Topic 1: Points, Lines & Planes
Use the diagram to the right to answer questions 1-4.
1. Name two points collinear to point K.
2. Give another name for line b.
3. Name the intersection of line c and plane R.
4. Name a point non-coplanar plane R.
Use the diagram to the right to answer questions 5-8.
5. How many planes are shown in the figure
6. Give another name for plane W.
7. Name the intersection of plane ADE and plane W.
8. Name a point non-collinear to points A and B.
Topic 2: Segment Addition Postulate
9. If DF = 42, find DE.
7x + 1 4x-3
10. In the diagram below, if JL = 10x – 2.
JK = 5x – 8, and KL = 7x – 12. find KL.
From the given diagrams given, the following answers can be deduced:
1. J, L
5. 2 planes
6. A B C D
9. DE = 29
10. KL = 51
Points, lines and planes are important properties of geometry. So that the following are the answers to the questions.
a. For the first part of the question:
1. Collinear points are two or more points that can be connected by a straight line.
So that; point J and point L are collinear to K.
4. Point N
b. For the second part of the question:
5. 2 planes
6. A B C D
7. Intersection here implies the meeting point of plane W and ADE. So that the answer is AD
8. Non- collinear points are points that can not be joined by a straight line. The required point is E.
c. For segement addition postulate:
9. Given that: DF = 42, DE = 7x + 1, and EF = 4x – 3. Then;
DF = DE + EF
42 = (7x + 1) + (4x – 3)
= 11x – 2
11x = 42 + 2
11x = 44
x = 4
DE = (7x + 1)
= (7(4) + 1)
DE = 29
10. Given that; JL = 10x – 2, JK = 5x – 8, and KL = 7x – 12.
JL = JK + KL
(10x – 2) = (5x – 8) + (7x – 12)
10x – 2 = 12x – 20
collecting like terms;
20 – 2 = 12x – 10x
18 = 2x
x = 9
KL = (7x – 12)
= (7(9) – 12)
KL = 51
They possibly will hopefully assist the student handle the question by implementing the questions and answer examples. You will be able to then have a discussion with your classmate and continue the school learning by studying the subject jointly.